1.3.11

Dedicationism

When I am completely focused on mothering my children are so happy, but I long for my sewing bag.

When I completely focus myself on artistic pursuits, I am happy with the product, but then my children feel I need to give them more attention.

When I am compleyly immersed in my PhD, I like what I am writing, but my body craves yoga.

When I don't work and the children are at school and I do yoga, my body is so happy, but I haven't earned an income.

I understand the principle of balance, what I struggle with is the principle of good enough. Thats the best I can do at mommy, yoga, work, PhD, wife, friend cos that all the time I got. Be grateful. Move forward.

I still jusge my art/ writing/ work/ mothering as if I had the luxury of dedicated time wheras I should judge it within its context.

I need to remember that next time my kids moan that I did not fetch them or I get feedback my writing is not what it should be etc etc. I need to say to myself OK but its good enough for striving for the juggle.

1 comment:

  1. you can't please all the people all the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time

    ReplyDelete