18.12.10

9 year anniversary

This week the doc and I will have been married for 9 years.

To celebrate, I'm going to tell you 9  things about the doc that rock.

1. In every relationship there is the one more comfortable about spending and the one who tries to save. In many couples it can be a female who likes to spend and a male who like to curb that spending ("but you already have 5 pairs of slip slops"). In our house the doc is the spender and, well,  I try harder not to spend. :) When we decided to go through infertility treatment and it cost a LOT of money a LOT of the time, we made a deal to buy no new clothes from 2001 - 2005. Though he was a fun 'n snappy dresser when I met him in Wylde Oscar shirts - burgundy velvet pants - he stuck to it. (btw he's back)

2. He was brought up by his mom and 3 sisters - he cooks (way better than me) and cleans though he argues better than me - with more logic and is way less swayed by emotions which I have to admit can actually be annoying as I like to win arguments

3. Team Player. Last week our 3 year old urgently needed her new ballet shoes' elastic sewn on, he sat sewing on the elastic an hour before the show cos I was doing their make up (and he's part surgeon, he sews, well hand sews, better than I).

4. He reads his girls bed time stories every night and says things like: "Who'se your dady?"

5. When he gets called out by the labour ward to deliver a baby in the middle of the night or has been up all night, he can still be in a relatively good mood the next day (on no sleep i'm not really a nice person).

6. Every few weeks, he says to me: You need a break, have a massage or a coffee and I'll watch the girls for 2 hours.

7. He gives talks for free on the HPV vaccine because he cares.

8. He gives really good advice about work/family/friend and even cushion dilemmas though (understandably) he's hopeless and impractical at dress lenth, hair colour, underwear (all hetero guys?) , make up, bags and shoes :)

9. He gives beautiful pressies (like for this anniversary).. hint hint :)


3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! It really warmed my heart. Congrats on 9 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!
    Here's to another 9 years with what sounds like a wonderful partner.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girls...any ideas for a suitable anniversary present??

    ReplyDelete