26.11.10

15 authors that stayed with you

 The Rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen authors (poets included) who've influenced you and that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Please tell me yours. Here are mine:


Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Anne Michaels
Ayn Rand
Carl Gustav Jung
Tennesee Williams
Emily Bronte'
Shakespeare
Eugene O'Neill
Samuel Beckett
Bernhard Schlink
Kahil Gibran
Martin Buber
Augusto Boal
Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Paulo Freire
Martha Beck
John Irving
Barbara Kingsolver
Isabel Allende
Barbara Trapido
Edwin Cameron
Alex Garland
F Scott Fitzgerald
John Steinbeck

Ok so that's more than 15 and I only gave myself ten minutes. I know I'm going to spend the whole day kicking myself as to who I left out. Murakami! Hanif Kureishi! Anna Gavalda! Mario Vargos Llosa!;
 Jhumpa Lahiri! Peter Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment